Monday, May 7, 2012

The Headboard Reveal

Wow, I am beyond excited on all the positive feedback on my master bedroom makeover.  It was even featured on Debbie's wonderful new series Newbie Spotlight of the Week, so really, a HUGE thank you to all of you for your sweet comments (and of course, to the wonderful Debbie for the feature).

     I finally got my room cleaned up enough to show all of you the headboard.  I was inspired by Jennifer's blog on the headboard as well, and tried looking for the one she has, in white, but everywhere I went (and I mean online) they had every color BUT white!  I almost got the pearl color from Hayneedle, but after reading the reviews, people commented that it really was more of an ivory than a white.  Then, Joss and Main had an awesome sale on that headboard, but in parchment..arrg..very frustrating. Eventually though, I found some at Amazon, but after looking at all of the tufted headboards, I decided on this style instead, and it was in white (finally).

So here is the headboard in all it's glory:



Don't mind the box of tissues...our allergies have been bad lately :)




The headboard is manufactured by Skyline, and apparently, they have many more colors and models to choose from,  I got mine thru Amazon.  It was very easy to install, I did it all by myself, probably the hardest part was removing my super heavy mattress, as I was afraid it was going to fall back on me, you know, because I'm clumsy like that.

Hope you liked the headboard, now, to do something with those nightstands ;)  Also, there is still time to sign up for my little giveaway here.

Have a great week!



28 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE with your headboard! You have such a good eye! I am currently changing out my bedding to all white too! It just feels so luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does feel luxurious, and an added bonus is that you can mix whites from all brands...which I love to do!

      Delete
  2. Simply beautiful! I just love it, especially the contrast between the white headboard and your grey walls. Very striking! I had no idea you could buy headboards via Amazon. I've looked & looked online but not there. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, I think you can buy anything from Amazon ;) Seriously, I love that site.

      Delete
  3. It is beautiful and everything that a master bedroom should be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bedroom looks stunning, Kristel! Love the headboard. I'm looking to get an upholstered headboard for our guest bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Krystel, that is beautiful! What a lovely, serene setting. Great job. It looks like a room that should be easy to wake up in!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty! I love the shape of the headboard and all the tufting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the posh headboard!

    you might like my blog, and i'd love to have you hop over
    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com

    keep creating!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous headboard! I love your dreamy bedding too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful headboard. The whole room...so well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous bed, you did an awesome job, and I too end up doing most of my projects without any help, so good for you. Thanks for sharing at Cowgirl up, I'm featuring this on my facebook page so grab a featured button if you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita, I will be heading there right now.

      Delete
  11. Oh you are so welcome. Your bedroom makeover deserved every bit of the attention. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turned out just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!! And I love your wall color as well!!! Really like your lamp shades too! the yellow looks so good with the grey wall! Beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janis, I was debating for a while on what accent color to throw in here, and had seen yellow and gray on blogs before, and loved the combination. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. LOVE the new headboard! And the pops of yellow! My sister Dana is doing a similar colored room (grays and whites) and is using pops of yellow and it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristel, your headboard looks great and I am in love with your bedroom!! You've done a fantastic job in here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kristel, fantastic job with your headboard and your bedroom looks amazing! I really like your blog and have added myself as a new follower...if you have a moment I'd be delighted if you visited my blog as well :)
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous!!!! I will be featuring it tomorrow :)
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your room is beautiful. I love the wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! I have a bed from skyline too and it's held up well. I have the wingback style fabric headboard. Your bedroom is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous - headboard and bedding! I need new bedding and am contemplating something like your duvet. Could you give me the scoop on your bedding - love it all!

    And happy to see my buddy Kari won that burlap! That stuff rocks - I actually used it as my Christmas tree garland.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful, restful space. The headboard is so pretty! I'm itching to get to my master re-do, hope it will look as good as yours! (and wishing it was already done!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. AnonymousJuly 20, 2012

    Love, love, love! I like yours better than Jennifer's. Can't wait to "copy" from your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete