Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Game Room

I have been slowly working on  a little project, and with it being end of the school year, and with all the activities that go along with it, it seems to be taking me a lot longer than I anticipated, so in the meantime, I wanted to share with you our game room.  You truly get spoiled when it comes to house sizes in Texas, and newer homes not only have a game room, but a media room as well..spoiled!!!  My house was built in 2002, and it is one of the smaller models in the neighborhood...that's now saying much, being that this house would be considered big back in Florida.  The game room is located upstairs, next to my kids bedrooms, which works perfectly, because some times, the first thing they want to do when they get up, is start playing with all of their toys or game consoles.










I find that this room is still a work in progress.  Maybe because it's always a constant mess (I made sure to take these pictures right after I finished cleaning, and the kids were in school)  The storage baskets all came from Target, I started with the tree matching ones, and when those got filled to the brim, I bought two larger ones with lids.  I now make sure to make a trip to my nearest donation center when the baskets with lids start not to be able to close.




















I can't believe I ever did without a game room, this room keeps most of the kids messes in here, it also feels like it's a second family room, because we like to hang here and watch movies with the kids as well.  I also love that it has a big window to let light in, which, most game rooms do not.  

Hope you enjoyed my little tour of our game room, I will be back later this week to share a project I have been working on for the past few day.  Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.

Kristel

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You've done an amazing job on it. May I ask...are the curtain panels & the stencil black or brown? This is a wonderful room for kids...and family.

    From a fellow Texan ~ :-)
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Pat, the curtains and the stencil are both a dark brown color. I purchased the panels from Overstock a while ago, and the stencil is the same one I used in the dining room. Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. What a nice space! I bet the whole family loves being in this room, chic and livable!
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linsey, the kids definitely love to spend lot's of time in here, especially now that they are getting older.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful room. I really love it. I do hope you'll visit me at My Dream Canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my game room looked like this! Would love for you to share it on my linky party!
    http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
    Thanks, Marcie
    www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcie, I will definitely be stopping by! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. It looks great! So comfy and chic! I love your cool details like that clock! Thanks for linking it up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this room! It's so pretty but fun and livable at the same time. Great job!

    I'm a new follower! Can't wait to see more projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This room is fabulous! Wish I were sitting there now; it looks so cozy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, I love the moss covered A, and all the dark baskets to toss toys into (I think I do this 37 times a day) looks so great!

    Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful room! I love how you did the pictures in a pyramid on the wall. You did a wonderful job. Now follow through GFC. Love from Whimsically Homemade.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous room, so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful, open space. Great job, and thanks for lining up at Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL!

    ReplyDelete