Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Work In Progress - Master Bedroom



 I have been quite busy with a master bedroom project lately.  I always get an itch this time of year for change, and this time, it was the master bedroom....again (I re-did it last year, at this same time).  It is still a work in progress, and will probably stay like this for a while, as I would LOVE (hint..hint) to get some  new furniture in here, but since that is not happening as fast as I would like it to, I will have take my time, and look for pieces I truly will love for many years (as told by my husband), just this time around, I will make sure that there is no matching furniture.
 I was inspired by Jennifer's master bedroom, I always find myself going to her gorgeous blog, to look and drool over her rooms.  I have been trying to go lighter on the walls since we moved to this house, but this time, thanks to her, I took the plunge, and painted the walls a dark grey color, the same that she used, Kendall Charcoal by BM.  Scary, I know.  The shade is really pretty, it seems to change as the day goes on, if anyone is on the verge on this color, I say go for it, you won't be disappointed...just make sure you use a lot of white accent, oh yeah, and wait for the shock to roll off as you paint.









Love the mirror, a little scary to sleep under that thing at night though :)


Thinking of adding yellow as an accent color in the room.

I am completely trying to be a copy cat here, and will try to find elements that look a lot like Jennifer's.  I have already ordered a white tuffed headboard, not quite identical to hers, but close.  Now, I am on the look out for mirrored nightstands as well.  I also would like to find a tuffed settee for by the window, I have seen some on Amazon, but are quite pricey for what I'm willing to pay right now.  I will posting more pictures of the master bedroom with any changes I make to it.  Oh, and here is a before picture:

FYI:  The crazy colored curtains were left by the previous owners.


I'm so glad I went with this paint color, this room gets a lot of light thru out the whole day, so the dark color does not make it look caved in. I spray painted the lamps, and changed the shades, but I am not loving how they turned out, now I am on the lookout for some new lamps.  I really like the shape of them though, and wish I was able to turn them back to how they were.  Don't you just hate when that happens?

I know that a lot of us gather inspirations from magazines and t.v, but I must not be the only one who get's hers from other blogs that we find amazing, right?  right?

Source:
Bedding: Pottery Barn and Target
Mirror: Home Goods
Curtains: Ikea
Wall color: Kendall Charcoal by Benjamin Moore


Hope everyone has a great week!


42 comments:

  1. Wow I LOVE your bedroom. It's so pretty. I want mirrored night stands too. They have some at target but they are out of my price range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I know what you mean! I have been pricing the nightstands everywhere, and what I have found, is that if you have a HomeGoods by you, to go in, and check out their inventory, they ALWAYS seem to have mirrored furniture, and for a great price. Also, Pier one has some as well, and right now, they are on sale. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the contrast!!! I love Jennifer's blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could just hop in that comfy looking fluffed up bed now! thanks so much for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bedroom is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bedroom is beautiful, a wonderful place to rest and relax. well done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bedroom is gorgeous! I love that bedding. And the gray walls look awesome. I too find inspiration in people's blogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmmmmm, is that really the same room because I'm having trouble believing that. Holy cow. Amazing. The wall color. The bedding. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, I know what you mean, especially when I was looking for a before picture, it does look totally different. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Love your wall color! I did my master in a graphite. Very soothing. I'm a new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The room is coming out great! Love the dark wall and light fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you to all for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! I'm in love with that white comforter! Coming over from Transformation Thursday and your newest follower. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanine, I love the comforter, and am glad I was able to save up to buy it. I priced comforters like crazy before I purchased it, and the only other one that even came close to the look was from West Elm, and it was a lot cheaper, but of course, they don't sell it any more....always great timing. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous, Kristel!!! You were so daring to go with that paint color, but it's stunning as a backdrop to all the white lusciousness! Your bedding is to die for. Love it all!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that wall color... And recognized it from Dear Lillie! Love her taste and trust me, we all find inspiration from other bloggers. Now, when are you putting stripes on those curtains?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...I thought about doing the stripes as well, but after painting the walls, I decided I will be taking a little break from anything that involves paint, but yes, I do love her striped curtains..too funny.

      Delete
  15. Oh wow, I love your bedroom so much!! Your bed looks like a giant cloud, so fluffy and comfortable :)

    The color on the walls is so perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids feel the same way about the bed, that is why they love to just jump in there...fun to see, I tell you.

      Delete
  16. This is gorgeous kristel!! It is serene and dramatic at the same time...I love it!!!

    Lou cinda

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's such a pretty colour. I have a similar gray on one wall in the bedroom and am debating whether to paint the other walls the same shade or a lighter shade. Love all the white bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks awesome! I love a white bed (and gray walls)! Visiting from Shabby Creek Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely bedroom.

    Come link up this wonderful bedroom design :
    http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/
    our readers would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks beautiful! That color does indeed change throughout the day, doesn't it? It's such a hard color to describe but I LOVE it! And your bedding is gorgeous! So light and airy! And I like what you said about waiting for the shock to wear off as you roll - haha! I spent so much time convincing my husband it would be great and then I remember when I first started rolling it I panicked a bit and thought - uh-oh! Haha! Can't wait to see your new headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! What a change! So pretty and that bed! I'd never want to get out of it! lol! Wall color is gorgeous, love it paired with golds/yellow and fresh whites. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! That looks amazing! I love the fluffy gorgeous bedding! It looks so cozy!

    I’d love if you would link this up to my linky party going on now!
    http://www.classyclutter.blogspot.com/2012/04/spotlight-saturday-8_13.html

    Love your blog!

    xoxo, Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it! Love the grey! I think a master bedroom should feel cozy and that is exactly what it looks like to me! I used a dark blue accent wall in my MB and just love even how that one dark wall helps the room feel cozy! Thanks for sharing! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  24. So lovely! I have a similar paint color in my entry and just love, love, love it. It goes perfect with all the white board and batten ...

    Why not try to glam up your nightstands yourself? I think some silver spray paint and new hardware would have a really dramatic impact as you seek out affordable mirrored options ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and thanks for introducing me to Jennifer's blog. I'm always stunned when I find an established blog with a big following that I've never crossed paths with before ...

      ... this home blogoverse is so much bigger than I can ever imagine ...

      :)

      Linda

      Delete
    2. Hi Linda, I actually thought of trying out that new mirror type spray paint on some nightstands, if I cannot find an actual mirrored one that is priced right, but the ones I currently have are extremely bulky, and really not my style at all. Thanks for the tip though, I may try that before any shopping. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  25. Wow! You have totally transformed that room!! It is so fresh and elegant and that bedding is fabulous. :-) Thank you so much for coming by and sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such awesome progress/updates you've made!

    Love all the contrasting textures of your lovely white bedding!

    And that mirror is pretty gorgeous! : )


    Thanks for linking up at Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL!

    ~Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  27. P.S. Sharing this one the facebook page today!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your new room. It makes me want to redo mine. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've been looking at a similar duvet cover. Love it! Thanks for linking this up at Cowgirl up.
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning makeover, love everthing about it! I will be featuring it tomorrow.
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks fabulous!! Visit from My Uncommon Slice of Surburbia :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely bedroom. You did an amazing job. Coming over from Kristin's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You were featured on Classy Clutter! Hope you'll stop by and link up again this week!

    xoxo, Mallory & Savannah

    Check it out here. http://classyclutter.blogspot.com/2012/04/spotlight-saturday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your master bedroom. I thought it was an inspiration photo at first, it's so pretty! I think the idea of adding yellow is brilliant! Thanks for the inspiration on this Saturday morning!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  35. The white beddings are simply serene. Good job for constantly changing your bedroom theme as this can help you achieve a more relaxing aura. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete